Sunday, May 31, 2009

PS3 fixed

Btw, after talking to Sony Canada it seemed I could either mail the broken PS3 back and have them fix it ($150) or try something on my own. After holding down the start button for a hard reset (you can hear beeps and it resets the output to analog from HDMI) so I had to find the old analog rca cables that came with the PS3 to see if there was a signal, but it was completely dead.
I took that opportunity to get a 250G hard drive and replaced the smaller drive by simply opening the HD bay, sliding the bad harddrive out and to the left, removing the 4 screws (2 on each side) that hold the hard drive to the carrier, replaced drive with same drive type (but bigger capacity), screwed the 4 screws back in and when I went to start it up, it asked if I want to format the drive and now PS3 works again and I have more memory. Although I lost my PS2 game saves for some of the recent games I was reviewing, the system works fine again so will be reviewing more PS2 and PS3 games again shortly.
Meanwhile have put a trailer for the new Sonic Winter Olympics game on the website, http:www.giftedgamer.com
GiftedGamer

No comments:

Post a Comment