Friday, February 20, 2009

Sly 2 - Band of Thieves - Gifted Gamer Review


SLY 2 – BAND OF THIEVES- GIFTED GAMER REVIEW

Sly 2 is the sequel to the classic Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus. I cannot say if this game is better than the original or not because it is so different. The original game I found more an urge to play, but when I finished it, I had an urge to play Sly 2. Just like now I have an urge to play Sly3. This sequel is really exciting and at the end of each game, leaves you wanting more. In this game, they took an interesting risk with letting Bentley and The Murray play as main characters. There are missions for Bentley, Sly and Murray.

Sly Cooper can pickpocket in this game and sell his loot on the ThiefNet. He can also buy upgrades to special attacks on the ThiefNet. This game has 8 stages. Some of the stages repeat the same boss. The bosses are: Dimitri, Rajan, Contessa, Jean-Bison and Clock-la.
There are interesting heists and plans all in an effort to collect all of the Clockwerk parts and hopefully destroy them.

Bentley’s levels are generally harder than most of the others. You use an RC chopper and his hacking in most of his levels which is rather difficult. Parts of this game were exceedingly easy, although other parts took me a few times and became frustrating. I foresaw Neyla and Contessa becoming traitors and think Bentley did not deserve being crippled. (although this really helps in the next game for better gameplay). In this game I found it funny that Murray could perform a move that Sly could. (the one where you creep up against the wall with the cool guitar lick in the background…)

Overall, this games was pretty fun and made me want to play the next one. I give this game a 7.5.
GiftedGamer

No comments:

Post a Comment